Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Hannah Tuggy Update

Well, I'll have to make this short, but I've been meaning to write everyone for sometime now and I just haven't gotten around to it. I'll try to write more soon.

Things have been good with my job at Grace Children's Home, and I am seeing some slow but good progress in my abilities to take on the job. We've had a good bit of changes, with several new kids in the cottages, which means we need to be diligent in teaching them how things are here, and in building relationships with them, without neglecting the ones we already have. Some of them don't even know how to do simple cleaning tasks, while some are often just unwilling to put in the effort. We have a natural rewards and consequences system, and we try to help them learn how what they do will affect their future.

The weather here has been particularly cold and snowy for the past few months. We just had a blizzard with a foot or so of snow.

I'm getting along well with my co-workers, and I am also getting more involved with the community, taking part in a singles Bible study once a week (when I'm not working), and an occational activity like bowling or going to the movies at a town about 15 miles away.

The churches here are very hospitable and the people friendly, but I miss the lively worship time and the close fellowship of my church in Georgia.

Right now, my greatest prayer requests are:
1. Building relationships with the kids- I want them to be able to trust and respect me, and I also want to know them better so that I can better serve them. Please also pray for their salvation.
2. I am really struggling with being homesick for my friends and church in GA/TN. I need to be patient and at peace with the fact that the closeness of friendships takes time to build. I need to know and trust that these people really do care about me, even though I don't always feel like it. And I need more hugs. =)
3. I need to be more intentional with growth again. I'm working on some things, but it's often slow going, and I'm often slipping back into a laziness and avoidence of unpleasant or complicated things, especially during my days off. I need to have my priorities straight and be responsible.

Thanks for your prayers. My love to all of you in Christ.

~Hannah


Whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in Him... ~Phil.3:7-9a

No comments: