Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Dr. Dobson and Values Voters

I sincerely believe that joining Dr. Dobson to unite values voters is a worthy undertaking. You can help by signing his petition Here

I know that there won't always be a candidate that will fit all of the requirements and that I will have to make difficult choices. But I also know that when this movement grows to the point where we make a difference at the voting booths, both partys will sit up and pay attention. I believe it will also act to encourage more solid Christians to run for office and also encourage those in office that are afraid to stand up for their Christian values to find the courage to do so.

I am not committed to one party or the other, fact is I find little in either party that I want to brag about. I am in favor of:
a. Sticking to the Constitution
b. Less government(we should take responsiblity for more and quit asking a robber baron for help)
c. Reducing government by getting them out of issues that should be taken care of by the states
d. Be more proactive in the local, state and federal governments
e. No more pork
f. No more lobbying by foreigners
g. Tort reform, no more frivolous lawsuits or astronomically high awards that only serve to enrich lawyers or their firms.
h. Get rid of the wage tax. Overhaul the tax code in a way that would require one one-hundreth of the tax division of the revenue department.
i. Disband the federal workers union, period.

Today you can email everyone in elected office and voice your thoughts and opinions on any subject that shapes our society. There are many groups that watch the government on many subjects and they spend the time researching the issues. They are available on the internet. If you want help, please, let me know. I will be more than happy to help you get started. You can make a difference.

My personal priorities are God, my family, church, my church family, the moral heading of our local, state and federal governing bodies.

Please vote for whoever it is that you believe will best serve this nation.

No comments: