Thursday, August 21, 2008

From the Mouths of Comedians...

Eric Hoffer said, "The mystery of our time is the inability of decent people to get angry."

I realize that sadness is a much safer emotion, but is it so necessary to have demonized anger in America?

"McCain? Hey, doesn't he have a temper? Yeah, I think I read that - ooh, I don't know about him. Can you trust a guy that gets mad?"

Can you trust a guy who doesn't get mad? Let's get a guy with a temper. Maybe spending five years in a box in Vietnam makes a man a little cranky. But it also gives you firsthand experience with "evildoers," and maybe we need a little more of that.

Bill Maher, 2002

2 comments:

Simon Potter said...

For once I agree with Maher. May be the only time. He fell of the edge of the world.
We definitely need to stand our ground and quit worrying about what the rest of the world thinks of us, regain our moral cornerstone and move on.

Cyril Lucar said...

I have AT LEAST a hundred other quotes from him that you'd agree with without a blink. Not that he doesn't have as many that I don't like...